So we can all agree that 2020 was a horrific, terrible year. (The heck with euphemisms like “challenging.”) That having been said, I am going to be glad to see it go back to Hell where it came from. And I am certain that you, dear reader, are as well.
Now that 2021 is almost upon us, I wanted to (as promised before) share my goals for this year with you all.
- I wish to end 2021 posting a profit (as I have the previous two years) in my editing business.
- I wish to save enough to be able to put aside funds to travel to San Antonio, TX for the 2022 ACES conference. (The 2021 conference is virtual.)
- I wish to do well in the Advanced Copyediting class which I am taking in the spring.
I also have some goals which are not related to my profession, which I will share with you in order to give this blog some humanity:
- I wish to survive the cicada swarm that will take place in May and June in my home state of Maryland.
- I wish to spend a day in Hersheypark again. I have not been there in too long. (Yes, it really is spelled as one word. Look it up if you don’t believe me.) 🙂
- I wish to mend one of my close friendships so that it is healthy again. (That’s all I wish to say about that here.)
- I wish to be able to care for my aging parents.
I definitely prefer having goals for the new year to making new year’s resolutions. Goals are so much better, in my opinion.
What are some of your goals for 2021?